Compassionate Service. Extensive Experience. Legal Protection.
Protecting People in San Jose
From Employer Misconduct and Harassment
Free Initial Consultations
Fighting discrimination and harassment by employers in Northern California
All too often, employers cross the line between acceptable conduct and a violation of the law. As an employee, you may feel frustrated and confused if you have been the victim of adverse action by your company or coworkers. If you believe you have been the victim of wrongful termination, discriminatory conduct or harassment, know your rights and stay protected.
The Law Office of George Duesdieker works with Californians who have been affected by the unlawful behavior of others in their workplaces. If you believe your employers or coworkers have violated the law, we can help.
A San Mateo law office built on experience and personal attention
Our law practice is dedicated to giving every client the focus and care that their case deserves. Our attorney has more than three decades of experience in California labor and employment law issues. We stand apart through:
- Experience ? George Duesdieker has more than 30 years of practice in California law, dedicated almost entirely to labor and employment issues.
- Knowledge of his opponents ? Our attorney has worked for large Fortune 500 companies and knows their tactics and procedures. As your lawyer, he puts that inside knowledge to use for your benefit.
- Personal attention to clients ? As the law office of a sole practitioner, our attorney works on every case personally. We ensure your needs get the care they deserve.
We pride ourselves on a thorough, detailed approach to evaluating our clients’ cases. Let us guide you through your legal rights and options.
Handling a wide range of employment law issues
Our office sees a wide variety of workplace disputes. We often deal with cases related to:
- Wrongful termination ? While there is any number of reasons an employer might fire an employee, some may be against state and federal law. Firing an employee on the basis of race, religion or gender, or on other grounds such as refusing to do a dangerous job, may be wrongful termination.
- Wage and overtime laws ? California’s Department of Labor and Standards Enforcement outlines the state’s wage and overtime laws. If you are entitled to overtime pay or a higher wage than what your employer has given you, we can help you recover the appropriate compensation.
- Workplace discrimination ? Prejudicial treatment of employees on the basis of gender, race or religion are forms of prohibited workplace discrimination under the law. If you believe you have received such treatment, you might have a viable claim under California and federal law.
- Hostile work environments ? A hostile work environment refers to pervasive harassment based on race, religion, age, national origin or disability, or an oppressive atmosphere at a workplace. The conduct can be the result of actions by coworkers, managers or the business itself.
- Sexual harassment ? Comments, suggestions, threats and other unwanted sexual advances can leave you feeling angry and fearful of retaliation, but you can fight back. Our law office protects employees from sexual harassment and fights for the compensation they deserve.
- Family Medical Leave Act ? The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows parents to take up to 12 workweeks of paid leave when medical childcare issues occur.
- California’s Pregnancy Disability Law ? Both the Family Medical Leave Act and California’s Family Rights Act, sometimes referred to as the Pregnancy Disability Law, allow you to take off time for certain childcare issues.
- California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act ? The Fair Employment and Housing Actprohibits harassment and discrimination in employment due to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and disability, among other factors.
- Whistleblower laws ? Under whistleblower laws, it is illegal to retaliate against an employee who reveals an illegal or dangerous work practice to investigators or the public.
Our firm assists those who have been treated unfairly at work. We can help explain the law and how it applies in your situation.
Contact us for more information about employment law and your rights in California
The Law Office of George Duesdieker protects clients from the actions and behavior of coworkers, managers or their company. Our attorney, George Duesdieker, has more than 30 years of experience working on behalf of clients in labor and employment issues. Our firm offers contingency fees, so you will not be charged unless you receive compensation. Contact us at 650.684.5444 or online for a free initial consultation.